February 08, 2011

Take Care of My Girlfriend Chapter 17

Chapter 17 : Unexpected Rival

“Bye. You guys worked hard today!!” Hyuna bowed and greeted everyone and packed to leave Yoochiri and go back to Seoul. It was the end of another recording session for Invincible Youth. She really loves G7 and honestly the show showed a new side of her that people don’t really get to see.

She put on her jacket to shield herself from the winter cold and headed to the van to go home when she heard her name being called.

“HYUNA! HYUNA! WAIT!!!!” Hyuna turned around to find Hyomin running towards her, trying not to fall in the snow.
“Be careful Unnie! You’re going to fall!!!” Hyuna shouted as she caught Hyomin, saving her from falling on her butt.
“Thanks. I wanted to catch you before you leave.”
“Oh ok. Why?”

“Um, this is a little embarrassing. But I need your help.” Hyuna smiled and took notice of Hyomin’s blushing face.
“Sure. Anything for you.”
“Ok. Um can you give Junhyung my phone number?”

Hyuna was not excepting THAT!.

“Um, what?”
“Yeah. Can you give Junhyung my phone number?”
“You know Junhyung oppa?” Hyomin nodded.
“Yeah. We ran into him and Hyungseung the other night at a club and I think I….” Hyomin couldn’t contain her blushing face. “I really like him. I’m too shy to do this but I think he’s really cool and hot. Anyway I’m rambling on. So can you?”

Hyuna didn’t know what to say. She looked up to see Hyomin’s pleading eyes and nodded slowly. “Sure. I’ll give him your number.”

Hyomin jumped in joy and bear hugged Hyuna.
“Oh, thank you thank you thank you. You’re the best !!!!!”

*****************************************************************

Sohyun opened the door to find Dongwoon on the other side of her door. She was about to slam the door on his face.

“WAIT!!!” Dongwoon shouted, blocking the door with his hands. Unfourtunely, Sohyun couldn’t stop it in time and ended up slamming Dongwoon’s hands between the doors.

“OW!!!!!!!!!” Dongwoon screamed in pain. Sohyun opened the door immediately.
“OW!!! Do you hate me this much?” Dongwoon screamed.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry I didn’t see your hands.” Sohyun screamed as she grabbed Dongwoon’s hands to look at the injury. She grimaced as she see his fingers turning blue from the pain.

“I’m so sorry. Are you ok?” Sohyun asked as she ran into the kitchen to grab an ice pack. “Here.” she said as she placed the ice pack on top his finger.

She led him over to the living room and sat him down, tending to his injury.

“You know you deserve it though.” She broke the silence. Dongwoon smiled.
“yeah. I probably did. I really messed up didn’t I. that’s why I came here to apologize. Again.” Dongwoon said, looking at Sohyun who wouldn’t meet his eyes.

“I don’t even know why I did it.” he confessed. “It’s just that when I heard that you were going out with Bang Chulyong. That’s Mir’s real name by the way.”

“I knew that.” Sohyun rolled her eyes.

“Right. Anyway, I was jealous and when I get jealous, I do really stupid things like following you around on your date. I know I messed up. I’m sorry again.”

Sohyun thought about his apology. He did seem sincere and she DID injure him. She finally smiled and nodded.

“Fine. I accept your apology. But you better not do this ever again!” Sohyun warned him.
“You got it.” Dongwoon answered, happy that Sohyun finally forgave him. “So you’re going out with Mir again huh?” Dongwoon asked, taking in Sohyun’s expression. “I mean, I can ask you that right?”

“Yeah. You know what’s funny? I wasn’t even sure about going out with him in the first place. I mean I like him, he’s funny but I always thought I would end up with you.’

“ME?” Dongwoon asked, getting his hopes up. Sohyun nodded.
“Yeah. To be honest, I was confused. I didn’t know who I wanted to be with so I figured I should give Mir a chance.”

Dongwoon took in what Sohyun said. He had to be mature about this. No more scheming, planning and trying to sabotage Mir and Sohyun. All that matters is that Sohyun is happy. He sighed.

“Well, I really hope you’re happy with him. And I promise, I won’t involve myself with you two anymore.” Sohyun looked up at Dongwoon’s words.
“What?”
“You know Sohyun, I really like you and I want you to be happy. And if that means letting you go to Mir, then I’ll do it.”

Sohyun looked at Dongwoon in surprise. She had never seen Dongwoon so sad or so MATURE before. Honestly, it was an eye opening thing for her. Maybe Dongwoon’s confession was the answer she was looking for.

“Dongwoon oppa.”
“I”ll go apologize to Mir too. I’m gonna go. Thanks for the ice pack.” Dongwoon said and left Sohyun without a word.

“OPPA!” Sohyun called out but it was too late. She plopped down on the couch, confused about her feelings for these two boys.

*****************************************************************

At Music Bank

“I can’t believe this is our goodbye stage already!!! I’m gonna miss it so much!!” Hyuna whined as she got ready for her last performance of Change. She was going to miss all the pelvis thrusting and dancing.

“I know. It’s been so fast.” Her make-up artist agreed as she applied Hyuna’s famous star “tattoo” near her eyes. “You look hot by the way.”

“Unnie.” Hyuna giggled. “Thanks.”
“So what are you gonna miss about being solo Miss Superstar?”
“Honestly, nothing. I like being solo but I miss the members. It’s so lonely being on stage by myself.”
“Well, you’re not completely alone. Junhyung is up there with you.”

“Yeah, only for like a second.” Hyuna said.
“What? That moment too short for you?” The makeup artist teased. “You want Junhyung for a long time? So you can touch him?”

“UNNIE!!! STOP!!” Hyuna said, embarrassed.
“Ok ok I’ll stop. But seriously you two are so hot together. every time you guys perform, I can hear other groups just staring at you two.”
“Really? Like who?”

“Well, last month, I was watching you guys, I saw Shinee members watching you. And I swear, I saw Jonghyun and Minho with their jaw dropped open. Even that Diva Key too.”
“Really?” Hyuna blushed.

“Yeah. Junhyung seems popular among girls idol too. I saw some girls checking him out.”

Hyuna growled inside her head. She felt her jealously growing at those words. Which was crazy since Junhyung wasn’t even her boyfriend.

“Like who?” Hyuna asked curious.
“Um, I don’t remember all of them but some of the After School girls. That girl with huge eyes.”
“You mean UEE unnie?”
“Yeah yeah yeah. Her and some other. Oh yeah Hyomin too. I saw her staring at Junhyung a couple of times.”

“Hyomin?” Hyuna asked, trying her best to conceal her anger and jealously. “I guess she really likes him.”
“What?”
“oh it’s just Hyomin gave me her number. To give to Junhyung oppa the other day.”
“REALLY? I guess she really likes him then. What happened to her and Joon?”
“I don’t know. But I guess she likes Junhyung better.”

“So what did Junhyung say when you gave him her number?”

Hyuna looked down, avoiding her eyes. “UM, I haven’t given him the numbers yet.”
“Oh why?”
“I…..”

They were interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Hey, Hyuna. We’re on next. You ready?” Junhyung asked as he entered the dressing room, ready to perform.
“Yeah. Um give me a second. Oppa.” Junhyung nodded and took a seat on the couch. Junhyung turned his attention to Hyuna getting ready.

It was their last performance and he was sad. Even though he was tired, he really liked performing Change, mostly because performing it means having a little bit of alone time with Hyuna all to himself. Selfish he knows but he doesn’t care.

Nothing seems to be working. He had tried everything to get her out of his head but it’s like a disease. Every experiences that he had with girls seemed to be useless when dealing with Hyuna. Before whenever he was having girls problem like when he was trying to get over someone, he would just cuss her out, think of her bad points, then go to the club and drink until he throws up.

But with Hyuna, he really really tried doing that. He tried his best to find her bad points but any negative parts about her turned into a cute quirk that he loves, all the cuss words seem to vanish and unable to come out of his mouth.

He even went to the club with Hyunseung and drank a lot. The hangover the next day was proof that he drank more than he can take. But no matter what he did, he couldn’t get over Hyuna. You know the famous saying, You can never get over your first love.

He was so deep in thought that he didn’t even realize Hyuna waving her hands in front of his face. He finally snapped out of his thoughts.

“Oppa. We’re ready. Let’s go.” Junhyung got up and headed to the stage with Hyuna.

*****************************************************************

“Good work everyone!!” Hyuna and Junhyung greeted everyone as they made their way back to the dressing room.

“Ok Hyuna. Let me go grab myself and we’ll head out to dinner ok?” Hyuna nodded as Junhyung headed toward his separate dressing room.

She was walking to her dressing room when her make up artist came beside her, looking at her with a weird expression.

“What unnie?” Hyuna asked.
“We have to talk now!” the make up artist replied as she pulled Hyuna into her dressing room.

“What’s wrong unnie?” Hyuna asked as she was seated down on the couch.
“Ok Spill.”
“WHat?”

“Don’t even think about lying to your unnie. I’m too experienced in this area to know when you’re lying. Now tell me what’s going on with you and Junhyung?”

“WHAT????”
“I saw that way he was staring at you when he was here earlier and I also saw the way you were staring at him. Now tell me what’s going on? Do you guys like each other? I thought you were dating Kikwang?”

Hyuna was shocked at how easily she figured it out.

“Am I that obvious?” Hyuna asked herself.
“Yeah. Too obvious. Now tell me everything.”

“AiiI!!! it’s not what you think!!!” Hyuna explained.
“Yeah right. I’ve known you for years Hyuna. I can’t believe I didn’t see it before.”
“No it’s not true Mi Yeon Unnie.” Hyuna tried to deny it.

“You like Junhyung don’t you Hyuna? That’s why you haven’t given Hyomin’s number to him. You’re jealous.” Hyuna hung her head in shame at how transparent she was.

“I don’t even..know what I’m doing unnie. I mean I really want to give it to Junhyung but something’s stopping me from doing so.”
“yeah. It’s called jealously. You don’t want Junhyung to have the numbers so they can’t get together.”
“I’m really selfish aren’t I? I’m a horrible person.”

“NO you’re not Hyuna.”
“Unnie, how can you say that? I have a boyfriend you know. Kikwang. Yet I’m here trying to stop Junhyung from dating.”
“Look, Hyuna. To be honest, I don’t even know why you’re dating Kikwang when it’s pretty obvious that you really like Junhyung. All I had to do was to be in the same room as you two and figure it out. And no you’re not a horrible person. Just someone who’s confused.” Mi Yeon tried to comfort Hyuna.

“Also Hyuna, I’m older and I know more about this than you and trust me when I say Junhyung is totally in love with you too.”
“How can you tell? You just found out today.” Hyuna asked. Mi Yeon just smiled.
“I know the type like Junhyung. You know the bad boy types. The type that want you to think they don’t care when they really do. All I needed was to see how he was looking at you. And trust me girl, he’s sprung.”

“Really?” Hyuna asked, getting her hopes up. Mi Yeon looked at her.
“Yes. Now the question is what are you going to do?”
“I….I don’t know.”

“HYUNA!!!” Junhyung interrupted their conversation. “Ready?”
“Yeah. I gotta go Unnie.”
“Bye. “ Mi Yeon said, hugging Hyuna and whispered in her ears. “You’ll figure it out Hyuna. Pick who you really love. Bye.”

Hyuna nodded and left the dressing room, headed to dinner with Junhyung.

*****************************************************************

Kikwang exited the set of “High Kick through the Roof”, excited.

“Finally I’m done.” He said to himself and took out his phone and called his dorms. “Hey, Seobie, it’s me. Yeah. I’m done with filming. Listen, I’m not gonna come back to the dorms yet. Yeah I’m gonna stop by the supermarket then swing by Hyuna to cook her dinner. It’s gonna be a surprise. And don’t worry I’ll try to save some for you. What? Fine, no food for you.” Kikwang hung up.

Seriously he was a good cook and it was time that people should realize it, instead of running away in fear at the sound that he was cooking. Whatever, he wanted to surprise Hyuna. His happy thoughts followed him as he headed to the market.

*****************************************************************

“So you’re gonna have your comeback so soon?” Hyuna asked as her and Junhyung sat across each other.
“Yeah. I know it’s too soon. I barely finished this promotions and now we have a new one coming up.”
“So what? You hate promoting with me?” Hyuna teased.

“Of course not. I love it. Don’t tell this to Doojoon and Yoseob but I like you more than them.”
“Oppa, you’re such a liar.” Hyuna laughed.
“It’s true.” Junhyung insisted, pouting his lips.
“Well I like you more than Doojoon and Yoseob too.”
“Now who’s lying?”

“It’s true. I like you more than them combined.” Hyuna said, causing Junhyung to smile.
“Of course. I’m the Beast Joker.”

*****************************************************************

Kikwang looked out of the window for the hundreth time that night, waiting for Hyuna to come back. He had cooked an amzing dinner for her and she still hasn’t come back and it was almost midnight.

“Shouldn’t she be back by now?”

“Don’t worry Oppa. She’s always late like this.” Sohyun comforted Kikwang.
“Yeah. Probably. She’s too busy huh? Anyway Sohyun, I have some chicken left. Do you want to try some?” Kikwang asked, shoving a plate of his chicken in front of Sohyun’s face. Sohyun’s face immediately turned green at the sight of the food.

“Actually Oppa. I already ate and I’m allergic to chicken. Sorry.” Sohyun said then immediately ran into her room, escaping from Kikwang’s food and another trip to the hospital.

*****************************************************************

“Oh my god. There are so many stars tonight!!!!” Hyuna shouted as she stared at the night sky, amazed at millions of stars out tonight. Junhyung looked up too and smiled.

“Ooh ooh, there’s a shooting star. Make a wish Oppa. Make a wish.” Hyuna shouted then closed her eyes and made a wish. Junhyung listened to Hyuna and made a wish of his own.

“WOW!! I hope my wish comes true. What did you wish for Oppa?”
“if I tell you now, it wouldn’t come true would it?”
“Ok ok I get it.” Hyuna pouted.

“it’s nice to be in here with you though. This is my favorite place.” Hyuna said as she ran to the swings. Junhyung followed her and pushed her on the swings.

“Really?”
“Yeah. Ever since I was little, I would always come here. It’s so fun. Especially at night, when there’s no one here.”
“Yeah that’s true. We’re the only two in here right now.”
“Yep. No cameras, no creepy guys hiding waiting to take pictures like they did in Daegu.”

“Don’t even remind me about that.” Junhyung said, wanting to forget everything that night led to…mainly Hyuna and Kikwang’s first kiss.

“Yeah. That was pretty interesting.” Hyuna got off of the swings. She shivered and wrapped her arms around herself.
“Here.” Junhyung wrapped his jacket around Hyuna and rubbed her arms, hoping to warm her. “You can’t get sick again. You scared me too much last time.”

“Really?”
“Of course. Do you know how I felt when I found you lying on the ground?” Junhyung asked, remembering the traumatic events of finding Hyuna passed out. “I went out of my mind, thinking something really bad had happened to you. The nurse even told me to shut the hell up.”

Hyuna laughed. “Really? She told you to shut up?”
“Yeah. I believe she said “Hey girly, if you don’t shut up, I’m gonna shut you up myself” Pretty scary nurses they have at that hospital.”
“You must been really scared for them to say that to you.”
“Of course. I don’t know….I don’t know what I would do if I lost you. And yeah I know you weren’t going to die right there but I wouldn’t be able to take it.” Junhyung confessed, making Hyuna’s heart beat faster than ever.

“Me too. I don’t know what I would do if I lost you too.” She sighed. “and I guess that’s why I haven’t given you this.” Junhyung looked at her confused. Hyuna took out a piece of paper from her sweater.

“here.”
“What’s this?” Junhyung asked, grabbing the piece of paper from her.
“It’s Hyomin’s number. She asked me to give it to you last week.”
“Last week?”

“Yeah. And I’m sorry that I didn’t give it to you sooner but I guess I thought if I did…I would…
“You would what?”
“I would lose you to Hyomin.”

“What?”
“I don’t want to lose you. And I know I don’t have the right to say that but I guess I was just jealous. Anyway I’m sorry.”

Junhyung didn’t say anything but just stared at her.

“She really likes you, you know? You two will be great together.” Hyuna said, trying to be happy for Junhyung.
“What?”
“You and Hyomin, you two will really be good together.”

“No we won’t. I don’t want her number.” Junhyung said.
“What? Why? She really does like you.”
“I don’t give a damn whether or not she likes me.”
“You don’t like her?” Hyuna was surprised at his answer.
“No. I just ran into her at the club the other night. Her and her members were all over us. I have no feelings towards her.” Junhyung said straight out.

“Why?” Hyuna asked confused. “Hyomin unnie is really cool. And she’s pretty and nice. Why don’t you like her?”

“WHY DO YOU THINK?”

*****************************************************************

“OMO! She’s still not back yet?” Sohyun came out of her room again to find Kikwang sitting on the couch, watching T.V. At this rate Kikwang was never going to leave and probably will end up staying the night at 4minute Dorms and will hog the TV.

That is something that can’t happen. Pasta was on tonight and she can’t miss it.

“You know she usually likes to walk in the park sometimes at night.”
“WHAT?” Kikwang immediately sat up. “At night? BY herself? Aigoo. What is she thinking? It’s not safe for her. Aish.”

Kikwang nagged as he put on his jacket and went to the park to find Hyuna.

*****************************************************************

“What?”
“Why do you think I don’t care about Hyomin? Or any other girl for that matter.”
“I don’t…I don’t know.” Hyuna answered softly, avoiding Junhyung’s eyes.

Junhyung grabbed her face and tilted it so that she would look at him.

“You know exactly why. You know that you’re the reason.”
“Me?”
“Yes! You!! You Kim Hyuna is the reason why I don’t give a damn about Hyomin or any other girl.” Junhyung shouted, letting his frustration out.

“Junhyung, we already went over this. We agreed to be just friends remember?” Hyuna bit out, trying to control her emotions.
“I know I know. It was way harder than I thought it would be. I really thought us being just friends would be better. And that given time, I would get over you. But I….” Junhyung sighed. “I can’t. No matter how hard I tried.”

“It was your idea to be just friends.” Hyuna said.
“I know it was my idea. But do you have any idea how hard it is to see you be with Kikwang so easily when I’m in pain? I want to see you be happy. I do but seeing you with Kikwang is slowly killing me.”
“You think I have it easy? You think it’s easy for me to be with Kikwang?” Hyuna asked. “Of course it’s not easy for me to be with him. You have no idea how I feel when I’m with him.”

“I feel like I’m the worst human being ever whenever I’m with Kikwang. I feel guilty when he’s nice to me, which he always is. It’s not easy for me too you know Junhyung. I’m like carrying this guilt around all the time with me. Trying so hard to be happy with Kikwang and trying so so so hard not to think about how it would feel to be with you.” Hyuna shouted, letting all her frustration out.

Junhyung just scoffed. “Yeah it must be really hard for you. I’m sure kissing Kikwang would help make forgetting me easier didn’t it?’
“What?” Hyuna asked.
“I saw you guys kissing the other day. Talk about hard.”
“You saw us?”
“Of course I did. I was coming to comfort you after we got back from Daegu and when I walked in to the lounge, there you were with Kikwang kissing.”
“I didn’t know that. I didn’t see you.”

“No surprise there. You had your face glued to Kikwang’s to notice me.”
“And what? You’re angry about it? You’re angry that I kissed Kikwang?”

“I couldn’t get that sight out of my head. I still can’t.”
“Well what do you except? Kikwang is my boyfriend. Of course we’re going to be kissing sooner or later!” Hyuna shouted.

“I know that!!!” Junhyung shouted also. “ OF course I freaking know that. But it doesn’t make it easier!!”
“You’re the one who pushed into his arms!!!”
“I know what I did Hyuna. Cause I think about it everyday. The thought of you and Kikwang, I think about it everyday!!! I can’t get it out of my head. I swear the members want me on drugs. They think I’m depressed or something.”

“Well honestly you should take medication cause you’re confusing me!!! You’re making me crazy Junhyung. I don’t know what you want from me anymore. Just tell me!!! Just tell me what you want!!!!!!!”

Hyuna screamed but her screams were interrupted by Junhyung’s lips crushing against her own. She opened her eyes in shock at the sensation of Junhyung’s lips on her. Pretty soon, she couldn’t resist him as she closed her eyes, losing herself in his kiss.


They both have been waiting so long for this. Their first kiss. Junhyung couldn’t stop himself and closed his eyes, trying to memorize this moment in his mind. Hyuna and Junhyung were both too deep into their kiss that they didn’t notice someone standing there watching them.

*****************************************************************

Kikwang stood there, next to the bushes as he watched his girlfriend kiss his best friend. He clenched his fists in anger, betrayal and rage and it took all of his control not to run over to them and beat Junhyung up.

“You’ll pay for this!” Kikwang said as he turned around, leaving the sight of the two lovers in the park.
“You’re gonna pay for this Junhyung!”



End of Chapter Seventeen.
(Credits to twinkinglibra@4-Minute.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment